CertiPUR-US® is a not-for-profit certification program for foam used in bedding products and upholstered furniture. When you see the CertiPUR-US® seal, you can be confident that the flexible polyurethane foam inside meets CertiPUR-US® standards for content, emissions, and durability, and has been analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories.
CertiPUR-US® approved foams are:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)